Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fiji Association of the Deaf (FAD) farewell party for us

Here we are having a little farewell party for us - held by some members of Fiji Association of the Deaf.

Lots of special thanks were given to my interpreter for her support & training for Fijian sign language interpreters. A big thank you to my interpreter for her big heart & advice to help the Fijian interpreters find ways to improve on their service.

A funny moment at this party! When the president of FAD was giving a signed speech - I tried to watch & pay attention but hard a time concentrating! Because the little boy in the red shirt sitting next to me kept blowing air at me through his straw!

After the party & some good chats, my interpreter left to have dinner with her host family. And I left to go taste some Kava with a deaf fijian friend - my aussie girlfriend's boyfriend. As this was going to be my last night in Suva - I had to go try out famous Fijian drink - Kava!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello its me tom is deaf frome england i will visit in fiji on november 14 to for 2 week hope see you meet deaf supoort help learn deaf groups if like it can e-mail for me tomakers888@msn.com smile