Monday, June 30, 2008

Swimming at the olympic pool with my deaf students - last day!

And here I am at the olympic swimming pool in Suva on my last day at school - with my deaf students from Gospel Primary School for the Deaf. We had a great time!

The children were keen to show me lots of tricks in the pool, swim laps with me & we all dived off the divers block to see how far we could swim after diving. Ha! I felt like a kid again diving off that block but they wanted me to do it - so I had to do it or else I would have been a boring Aussie girl to them. Ha!

When we finished our swim, the children played with my hair - put loads of gel in it & styled it with their fingers! Ha! They also posed for lots of photos! And gave me lots of hugs to say goodbye. They really hope I will return to visit again this October to watch their performance for the school 10-year anniversary event. I said I will try to visit but cannot promise as there are things I must do upon my return to Australia. It was a sad moment to part & leave. Some tears too. I have grown so fond these gorgeous happy & generous deaf children!

After bidding farewell to these children - I caught a taxi back home to get ready for a night out to celebrate end of Fiji project & end of university with deaf friends of the Fiji Association for the Deaf.








No comments: