Monday, June 2, 2008

At the Raintree Lodge

And here we are at the Raintree Lodge - 10mins. out of town in the lush green forest!

We experienced our first Fijian Church sermon with some singing. Though I must say we felt quite out of place there - all the little Fijian children kept looking at us & giggling. It must have been our signing hands or our white skin or my red lipstick - oops we didnt plan on visiting a church! Nevertheless we were encouraged to go inside the church when we were caught peaking through the doorway outside the church.
Then we went for a brief walk in the pebbly forest ...

And canoeing for my friend despite the boat looking a bit dodgy! However, my friend reassured the man that she can swim & is up for the challenge! Hee!

Then we watched some Fijian island dancing whilst drinking beers (again!) & eating seafood coconut curry for dinner.

Tomorrow my friend leaves for paradise again (the islands on the west coast) for a few days & then returns to London. Oh! She will be missed as she has been great company for me here in this exotic new land! Before she leaves, she will visit me in school tomorrow to check out my teaching & to meet some of my delightful Fijian students.

It's 1am now - must bid you all goodnight!

No comments: