Saturday, May 31, 2008

Best wishes to my sister at the 2nd World Cup Rowing Regatta this weekend!

I would like to wish my sister Sonia Mills & her rowing partner Cate all the best for their races at the 2nd World Cup Rowing Regatta this weekend in Lucerne, Switzerland.

Some of the international teams competing this weekend have already qualified for the Olympics. While others teams, like my sister & her partner, will be in Lucerne this weekend to compete & check out other international teams before they go on to compete in the finals in Poland June 15 – 18. In Poland, Sonia & Cate, representing Australia's Olympic heavy-weight doubles team (skulling - 2x oars), aim to succeed in qualifying their boat for the Olympics. They must get their boat over the finish line - within a certain time frame - I think!? (Is this right Sonia - correct if I am wrong?)

To watch Sonia & Cate in the 2nd World Cup races this weekend - live June 1 - click on this website: http://web.wcsn.com/index.jsp

Wishing Sonia & Cate all the best! You go girls!!!

No comments: